Marble slabs provide timeless beauty and elegance wherever it is used in the home. You can transform any space with a beautiful marble countertop, marble backsplash, marble floor, and even marble table tops. Perhaps this is why marble continues to be one of the most sought after stone materials on the market. Adding marble countertops not only makes your home look beautiful; it adds value to it as well. Marble kitchen countertops provide exceptional beauty and lasting durability, giving modern kitchens a clean, fresh look and great functionality.
Stone Selection’s Calgary Marble Collection
All marble slabs are cut from a natural stone; therefore no two marble countertops will look exactly the same. Depending on what type of marble is chosen, its veining patterns will vary. This uniqueness is part of the appeal of marble both in Calgary and around the world. Colours of marble can range widely as well, from a chalky white to a deep onyx black.
How to Care for Marble Countertops
Preventative maintenance is the key to keeping marble kitchen countertops, in particular, looking their best. But these steps should also be taken to care for all marble slabs, including marble flooring, a marble backsplash, marble table tops and more. Avoid taking unnecessary risks such as leaving an open bottle of red wine on top of your marble kitchen countertops, just waiting to be spilled. If you do spill something on a marble countertop, wipe it up right away.
- Take a minimalist approach when it comes to caring for your marble countertops. Wipe them off with a soft cloth dipped in warm mild soap and water solution to keep them shiny, and free of dust.
- Do yourself a favour and buy a matching marble cutting board so that you are not tempted to chop food directly on your marble kitchen countertops.
- The most important precaution with marble kitchen countertops is to not use vinegar or other acidic chemicals, as they will dull the surface over time.
- There are several products on the market designed specifically to clean and disinfect marble flooring, backsplashes, countertops, table tops and other marble surfaces. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for best results.
- Marble slabs can also be resealed periodically to prevent absorption of liquids. Find out how our exclusive Clearstone Protection process can protect your marble countertops for life.
Marble countertops are an appealing option to homeowners and interior designers alike. They are a luxury worth having, as they impress guests, and potential buyers when you eventually sell your home. The timeless appeal and clean appearance of marble table tops, countertops, or a marble floor or backsplash, will never go out of style. Take care of your marble slabs, and they will take care of you, by adding class and style to your home.
See the marble currently available in our Calgary warehouse in our online marble gallery.